I've been thinking about linking up to Random Tuesday Thoughts forever. It's just that doing it every Tuesday on a such regular basis, didn't seem very, well....random. Then I realized I could link up on random Tuesdays. Problem solved!
Here's something random from Pinterest. I love astronomy humor mixed with pop music.
This morning at the grocery store I got one of those baggers who uses the squeeze and throw technique. You know, squeeze each item to pick it up, then throw it into a bag. Then throw the bag into the cart. I appreciate him wanting to have a have a firm grip on my groceries, but the bread and produce still had hand prints in them when I got home.
We're buying new tires for the family car today. Tires are at the top of my list of things I hate buying because they cost way more than they should. Toilet paper is a close second.
My 6 year-old informed me the other day that he wouldn't want to be a professor because "in that job, you just sit around and think all day." To be clear, he said he would be good at it, he just wouldn't want to do it. I'm not sure if it's the sitting or the thinking that doesn't appeal to him.
Speaking of my 6 year-old, he is a completely different (much more pleasant) person now that his older brothers are off to school before he even wakes up. It might be because there is no one around to bother him. Although I suspect it's because there is no one around for him to bother.
A random tidbit about me.
![]() |
| Also found on Pinterest |
Finally, you'll all be relieved to know that everyone's school year has gotten off to a great start. No one was locked in a locker, stuck in a trash can or offered drugs in the bathroom--because we all know that is what is supposed to happen on the first day of junior high and high school. We are still trying to figure out how to manage E's backpack when every teacher wants him to have a 2 inch binder just for their class. Guess we better find a good chiropractor.
Happy Tuesday!


I teach college freshmen and have outlawed binders. I don't want to carry them and they shouldn't have to either! Happy Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteAwesome randomness. I'm glad high school was good and middle school is improving. Parker has 1 inch binders for every class (different color for each subject) and his locker is his car. Does that help? I have to steal your OCD graphic!
ReplyDeleteMy husband is also a professor and my oldest son told him that he wanted to be a real scientist. I guess because my husband doesn't look through a microscope and wear a lab coat. My son was 5 at the time. I hate having to pay for carpet in a house that I don't live in anymore because some stupid realtor let their client into our house and bring their dog into and pee on the one carpet in the house. Seriously, the whole house had hardwood floors except the the guest bedroom. Ugh.
ReplyDelete