Heat day? Sun day? What do you call it when they cancel school because it's too hot? I have no idea, as this has never happened in my 12 years of sending children to school in this particular district. But it's happening today. Yes, our 9th day of school was cancelled because it's too hot. The funny thing is, the weather man predicted a high of 95 (which equals about 90 degrees in the classroom). It's currently 83 degrees at 3:17 pm.
Personally, I've always thought it was a little crazy that we start school in the middle of August, especially when very few of our schools are air conditioned. I'm hoping that this closure, along with the fact that we have a new Superintendent, will result in a change in our school calendar. Still, a heat-related closure is just so weird!
Moving on....it's time to share this week's Project Life 365 photos.
This week's prompts were: Aug. 22 (Lucky Number), Aug. 23 (Fracture), Aug. 24 (Please)....it's all our swag from the USA Pro Cycling Challenge.
Aug. 25 (Memory), Aug. 26 (Refreshing), Aug. 27 (White), Aug. 28 (Rule of Thirds).
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. We definitely will, now that we have an extra long holiday weekend to enjoy!
Too bad they couldn't have made that decision earlier given that it was the holiday weekend. I am sure knowing you have an extra day would have changed many travel arrangements. My oldest skipped school today to get scuba certified.
ReplyDeleteThat's insane!! You'd think with the crazy weather these days and the early start date you'd get A/C! Growing up, we had snow days, hurricane days (yep, even in NJ!), way too cold for the heat to keep up days, and Nor'easter days! Never a too hot day!
ReplyDeleteHope it cools off!
I like the "white" pic best...all abstracted and cool-like. And cheers to a 'heat day'...a day off is always a good day. :)
ReplyDelete