This time around, I decided to make General Conference Kits for a few of my church friends, to help them enjoy the proceedings even more. I was inspired by these kits over at A Bushel and A Peck.
First and foremost, I included some snacks.
I also included a little notebook, a pen and a highlighter--for note taking. And a package of tissue. Because the speakers are just so touching and inspiring. I put everything in a colorful gift bag and tied a note to the outside letting the recipient know what was inside.
Finally, I put in a copy of the 2006 General Conference talk by Jeffrey R. Holland "Prophets in the Land Again," and some printable cards with interesting facts about some of the speakers. I designed the 4x6 cards awhile back to entertain my kids during church services, and I thought they would make a great addition! You can download them here. Just follow these instructions:
Click on the thumbnail of the picture you wish to download. Scroll your cursor
over the larger photo that appears on the right, and when the menu tab appears,
click on the file folder icon with the green arrow to save a copy to your hard
drive. Please remember, these prints are for personal use only and are
not to be sold or reused in any way for profit. Source for images and
information lds.org
General Conference weekends really are my favorite weekends of the year. To give you an idea of the kind of things I'm looking forward to hearing, this is one of my favorite quotes from the last General Conference in April.
"However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines." ~ Jeffrey R. Holland
I can't wait!
great ideas!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! This would be great to give to the sisters that I visit teach.
ReplyDeleteSuper clever and fun! I'm all for Junior Mints and highlighters, but you may know how I feel about little notebooks. I love them at all costs.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, inspiring quote, too. :)
Love that quote. Thanks for the fun info--great ideas.
ReplyDelete