Tuesday, October 2, 2012

HOORAY FOR HALLOWEEN

The last of our guests left this morning and suddenly, I realized it was October.  Time to break out the Halloween decorations!  Honestly, I'm not a big holiday decorator.  But with a few quick changes, I do manage to transform my mantle once or twice a year.



One of the easiest ways to change up your decorations is to get an inexpensive all-purpose picture frame and switch out the print to reflect whatever holiday is upcoming.  I found this adorable free Halloween printable at Fabulous Features by Anders RuffPinterest is a great place to look for free holiday printables.

The giant apothecary jar stays on the mantle year-round.  I just switch out what's inside as the seasons change.  For example, at Christmas, I'll fill it with ornaments.  And that's pretty much the only other time of year that I make a change.

The highlight of this year's Halloween decor is this totally awesome Pac Man Halloween garland I found over at Minieco.Co.Uk.  Pac Man.....ghosts.....Halloween.  I don't know why I never made the connection before.  And seriously, so easy.....especially if you use circle punches for the eyes.  Giant google eyes might be fun too!  My boys are probably going to nominate me for mom of the year thanks to this one.




I added a few other knick-knacks to finish things off.  Not counting the time it took me to make the garland, and the time I had to dig around in the basement to actually find the rest of the decorations, the entire thing only took about 20 minutes.

I love it when a plan comes together.




5 comments:

  1. You know what I really love about your styling? Sure, it's cute, clever and festive...but it's also got a subtle man vibe. Maybe the poisons are speaking testosterone to me, or the video game references with the little pac men dudes. In any case, your Halloween mantle strikes a great balance between the four men who live in this house and the quick-thinking if outnumbered mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the packman ghost! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm like you, not into big time decorating. This is just the perfect amount and really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your labels!! I did a internet search for hours theo ther day looking for some printable ones haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so making pac man ghosts for Youngest's classroom! May even have to get the google eyes.

    ReplyDelete